Wednesday 29 June 2011

TV Torture

So last night the husband and I watched the last two episodes of Caprica. We are rather disappointed that this has been cancelled. I admit, there was a point during the series where I thought, how does this even relate to Battlestar Gallactica, this is meant to be the prequel. There were so many plot lines, it got quite hard to follow. I blame Lost, the whole idea of 100s of plot holes and mysteries seemed fun for a while, and quite fashionable, but really after a while it just gets annoying.

And Caprica had to end their story rushing through the end, tying it to the real beginning of BSG. It was a glorious ending with most of the questions answered. We were really pleased with the ending, albeit disappointed that there would be no more.

Depressing really, as most of our favourite sci-fi series have finished now. No more BSG, Star Trek, Star Gate,  not even the reboot of the V.  Looks like the recession is hitting sci-fi the hardest.

We also watched the 200th episode of Smallville. Let me just say the only reason I really watch this is because Tom Welling is so hot! There was a clip where they showed his first time meeting Lana Lang from 10 years ago. I got all sentimental because today is also my 10 year wedding anniversary and I remember snuggling up to the husband in the evenings to watch Smallville. And to our utter despair, as we have waited on the edge of our seats for Clark to fly, in ten years, he finally FLOATS while dancing with Lois Lane. Much abuse was hurled at the TV as we continue to endure the utter disappointment and lame ass scenes in the barn at the end of every tortuous episode. Why do we continue to watch it? Pure sex appeal! Lois and Clark are hot, go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment