Tuesday 21 June 2011

TV TV TV, Give Me More!

Alas my favourite TV show Game of Thrones has just finished its first series. It was fantastic, I had been waiting for the fantasy party to get going and it ended with wonderful finish that left me wanting more! At least I still have the book to finish reading in the mean time.
I've been reading it on the Kindle, which I love but I had no idea how big the book was until I saw it in a book store recently. So wow, its a heavy book with plenty of detail and insight into all the characters.










While I'm waiting for the next series to come out there are so many other shows I love watching. Here's a list of a few that I'm loving:

1. Caprica
2. Smallville
3. Fringe
4. Parenthood
5. Brothers & Sisters
6. Big Love
7. Being Erica
8. Spartacus: Blood and Sand
9. In Treatment
                                 
Its not in any particular order. I like to analyse the shows to see if I could ever write something like them. I think I could never write sci-fi as I just don't think I'm clever enough. I think I'm more inclined to write something like Being Erica where the main protagonist is a female my age. I do like to watch old tv series as well and I'm currently rewatching Felicity. I love this one as it was so similar to my own experiences at University. Also because for years I thought I would end up at NYU so its like watching an alternate universe of my own life where I did get to go. Her character is so similar to my own, but I think its meant to be like that, where the target audience just do. I also love that its one of JJ Abrams first TV shows and many of his favourite actors are in it, Jennifer Garner, Greg Grunberg, Amanda Foreman.

If you are wondering, where are the British shows, well there are a few that I like, Doctor Who and some of the ITV dramas, but there is not much else I watch. Though Made in Chelsea is definitely my guilty pleasure!

2 comments:

  1. Great post--I haven't even heard of some of those TV shows! I have really enjoyed Game of Thrones--read the whole series (well, whats been written anyway) and its great fun seeing it on screen. I have to say, I think the casting was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tv! It's strange how the tv seems to be on, even when I'm not watching it..I love Fawltey Towers..awesome British comedy!

    ReplyDelete